Thursday 20 December 2012

Before photos(will make sense when you read)

Happy Christmas everyone! I thought I'd update you as to where I'm at. I've taken 2 photos of my "space" which is part of our hall and the only place I can have. I've done 2 pictures so you can see it's only very small so it will have to be well fitted out. DH doesn't have all his tools here as yet so he can't make a start :-( . I've bought 4 filing cabinets from Ikea that are A4 size, it's amazing just how much they hold. My thinking is that as they are on wheels I can move them if need be so better than a fixed cupboard and being so light coloured will blend in better. I will have a work surface just above the height of them so they can stay underneath. That will be on the right hand side and along under the window at the end. I will also have shelving on the right hand side. The coat rack will be moved. I'm keeping a look out for suitable wall storage on a tight budget but so far nothing. Any ideas? Do let me know please!!!
Also I'm very excited to tell you I now have a Silhouette Cameo! I've only had time for one little play as there is lots to do when you move house but already I can see that my Cricut will take a back seat, might even sell it. However we are very happy here, so glad we took the plunge even though it was traumatic. I'm feeling much better as well, so much of it must have been a combination of being unhappy and stressed.

8 comments:

  1. It may be small, but at least you have a window!! Have fun with your new Cameo!! I want one, but I've invested so much into my Cricut carts. Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Lisa, I'm grateful for small mercy's :-) My DH wanted to sell something I didn't want to sell at all. I gave in but on the understanding that I got a Cameo. It cost only a very little out of what we sold and it made up for my "loss". Happy Christmas Lisa. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will be fabulous when you have everything organised and how you want it - its surprising how you can make a small space work for you. Glad you are doing well and that now you have the chance to enjoy your friends company and Christmas. Hugs and Merry Christmas. Karon xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Karon, hugs and Happy Christmas to you and yours.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pamela, my beautiful friend:)) You will have a place only for you for crafting, woww, you are lucky , I have an half table in the sitting room and all materials in many boxes, you have a little place, But is only for you:))
    I wish you a Wonderful Christmas and a fabulous new year:)) I look forward to see Your new creations:)
    Big big big big big hug my dear friend,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetie, have a wonderful Christmas and a happy and healthy New Year. Hugs and kisses xx

      Delete
  6. Hi just popping by to wish you a Happy New Year, and have fun in your new home and craft space. I too am planning out my craft area, as my daughter has now left home, so have the use of her old bedroom. Wishing you lots of happy crafting hours for 2013. And thank you for the lovely comment you left on my blog, sorry it took so long to reply, it's been a bit of a manick year so far, I'm hoping next year will slow down a bit. Hugs Linda xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your kind wishes and Happy New Year to you Linda. I've now got a small table in my cubby hole wooh hoo! It's just for now so I can at least play a bit in my cubby hole, certainly better than nothing so I can start to learn my way around my lovely Cameo. Hope your room is set up soon. Hugs P xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog today. I love to read each of your lovely comments, they brighten my day and give me encouragement. Hugs, Polly x