Friday 29 June 2012

Childhood

This little girl, a free digi stamp, reminds me of my childhood books, quite Mabel Lucie Attwell don't you think? As you can see I've gone for a vintage look to go with the stamp.  I coloured her with my Copics to match the tones in the rosebud paper that I fell in love with. I've mounted her on two layers of pinks to tone. I've laid ribbon over the point where the embossed paper joins with the dusky pink paper, as it's transparent it appears to change colour over the join. I've put the same ribbon under the picture at the same level. The lace effects are both cut from Ornamental Iron. I made the sentiment with my graphics program then went over the letters with a matching gel pen. I added a few pearls to finish it off.

4 comments:

  1. Sweet card:)Beautiful paper and lovely image:)
    Hugs,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  2. P, this is absolutely beautiful. Fabulous colours and love the image. TFS

    http://karonskraftykorner.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Karon, so glad you like it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog today. I love to read each of your lovely comments, they brighten my day and give me encouragement. Hugs, Polly x